Taking a bath can be relaxing and rewarding, but as you know it is not the most sustainable and environmentally friendly way. Enjoying a pleasant and long hot bath implies on consumption of at least 80 liters of water. But there are cases where a warm bath can promote our health, well-being and our mental and physical balance helping us to prevent or to combat anxiety, headaches, muscle problems and cardio-circulatory disorders. Just use hydrotherapy with the right bath salts. Doctors and researchers are in fact agreeing upon magnesium sulfate, also known as "Epsom salts". Hydrotherapy using Epsom salts has numerous healing and beneficial properties for the body.
According to the list published on the website of Epsom Salt Industry Council, a nice bath of Epsom salts:
1. Contribute to cardio-circulatory health. Helps to regulate the heart rate by lowering blood pressure and preventing hardening of the arteries thus reducing the risk of clot formation.
2. Helps to clean the body, removing toxins and potentially harmful substances.
3. Contributes to the maintenance of the right level of calcium in the blood.
4. Relieves from stress, favoring the production of serotonin, the so-called "hormone of good spirits", and the subsequent relaxation of the body, helping it to rest and to "recharge” for the better.
5. Soothes inflammation and muscle cramps, alleviating pain.
6. Helps to improve the absorption of nutrients, by the body.
7. Favors the production of brain tissues and different types of proteins.
8. Assist in preventing and / or soothe headaches and migraines.
Because of these properties, a nice bath of magnesium sulfate can improve the quality of life of many of us perhaps without overdoing it, remembering that water is a very valuable asset and that our every gesture, even the smaller, has more of an impact on the environment around us.